Kent State Athletics Recognizes Academic Highlights From Fall 2011
241 Golden Flash student-athletes recorded a term GPA over 3.0
KENT, Ohio – The success of the athletics program’s at Kent State transcends beyond the field of competition and into the classroom. The past fall Golden Flash student-athletes representing all 18 sports totaled the highest number of 3.0 term Grade Point Averages in recorded history with 241 earning the distinction.
The success of the student-athletes in the fall semester has brought the athletic department’s cumulative GPA over 3.0 for the first time in recorded history.
Other Academic Highlights from Fall 2011 include:
- Department Cumulative GPA = 3.02
- Department Term GPA = 2.97
- 13 teams with both their term and cumulative GPA over 3.0
- 4 teams with term GPA over 3.4
- 4 teams with cumulative GPA over 3.4
- 22 student-athletes with perfect 4.0 GPA
- KSU Softball achieving their highest GPA in team history with 3.54