Kent State Awards & Honors
• Letterwinner: 2010, '11
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 7 (at Xavier, 3/23/11)
Runs: 2 (five times, last time: Youngstown State, 4/12/11)
Hits: 4 (twice, last time: Pittsburgh, 4/6/11)
RBIs: 4 (at Pittsburgh, 4/20/10)
Doubles: 2 (Youngstown State, 4/12/11)
Triples: 1 (twice, last time: vs. Bowling Green, 5/25/11)
Home Runs: 1 (twice, last time: at Xavier, 3/23/11)
Walks: 3 (vs. Columbia, 3/19/10)
Stolen Bases: 0
2011 Sophomore Season Highlights
• Appeared in 45 games with 33 starts, seeing playing time at catcher and first base in addition to serving as the designated hitter.
• Posted a .246 batting average, .315 on base percentage and .351 slugging percentage with a career-high 28 hits, career-high 14 runs, career-high five doubles, career-high two triples, one home run, 10 walks and career-high 28 RBIs.
• Posted four multi-hit games, including one with four hits, two with three hits and one with two hits.
• Recorded four multi-RBI games.
• Enjoyed a career day at the plate at Xavier (3/23), helping Kent State roll to a 22-2 win by finishing with three hits - including a home run - to along with two runs and two RBIs.
• Matched his career high by collecting four hits in a 9-5 win against Pittsburgh (4/6), posting a double and two singles, two RBIs and a run scored.
• Went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI as Kent State knocked off Eastern Michigan (4/8), 4-2.
• Tallied three base knocks - including a career-high two doubles - to go with an RBI and two runs scored in a 7-0 blanking of Youngstown State (4/12).
• Cracked a two-RBI triple - the first three-bagger of his career - in Kent State's MAC Tournament opening 6-2 victory vs. Bowling Green (5/25).
• Delivered what proved to be the game-winning, pinch-hit RBI single in the top of the 11th inning to push Kent State to a 4-2 triumph vs. Texas State (6/3) in the opening game of the 2011 NCAA Championship Austin Regional.
• Spent his summer competing for the Grand Lake Mariners of the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League, batting a team-best .315 with 39 hits - including nine doubles and four home runs - to go with 21 RBIs and 12 runs scored to earn Second Team All-GLSCL honors.
2010 Freshman Season Highlights
• Started 20 of the 32 games he appeared in.
• Posted a .293 batting average with 24 hits -- including three doubles and a homers -- to go along with 13 runs scored and 12 RBI.
• Collected his first collegiate hit as a pinch hitter at Vanderbilt (3/5).
• Tallied his first multi-hit game by collecting a single and his first collegiate home run in addition to posting two RBIs to help Kent State defeat Pittsburgh (4/7), 19-6.
• Enjoyed another big game against the Panthers after going a career-best 4-for-6 with four RBis and a run scored at Pittsburgh (4/20) in a 16-3 romp.
• Competed for the Stark County Terriers of the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League, earning First Team All-GLSCL and GLSCL Red Team All-Star selection. He tied for the league lead by throwing out 11 base runners and led the Terriers with a .500 slugging percentage. He finished the season with a .321 batting average, 36 hits, seven doubles, two triples, three home runs, 22 RBIs and 20 runs scored.
Prior to Kent State
• Four-year varsity letterwinner under Wally Ford at Austintown-Fitch High School.
• Earned All-Federal League honors as a sophomore, junior, and senior.
• Aided the Falcons in winning the district championship during the 2606-07 season.
• Also played for the Rondinelli Tuxedo of the Youngstown B-League.
• Chose Kent State after being drafted 1,201st overall (40th round) by the Colorado Rockies in the 2009 MLB Draft.
• Born Oct. 29, 1990.
• Son of Al and Reese Bagoly and Cheryl and Mike McHenry. Siblings are Matt and Sheena Bagoly and Jennifer, Jessica and Megan McHenry.
• Majoring in finance.