Kent State Awards & Honors
• Letterwinner: 2011
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 3 (three times, last time: Akron, 5/21/11)
Runs: 1 (seven times, last time: vs. Texas State, 6/3/11)
Hits: 1 (five times, last time: at Bowling Green, 5/13/11)
RBIs: 1 (twice, last time: at Bowling Green, 5/13/11)
Doubles: 1 (at Bowling Green, 5/13/11)
Home Runs: --
Walks: 1 (four times, last time: at Western Michigan - doubleheader game one, 4/10/11)
Stolen Bases: --
2011 Redshirt Sophomore Season Highlights
• Started three of the 21 games he played in, seeing time as an infielder and making appearances as a pinch hitter and pinch runner.
• Posted a .227 batting average, .393 on base percentage (fourth on the team) and .273 slugging percentage with five hits, seven runs, a double and two RBIs for the season.
• Saw his first game action with Kent State as a pinch hitter and substitute at third base at Georgia Tech (2/19).
• Made his first start for Kent State at third base at Pittsburgh (3/16), collecting a single for his first hit wearing the Blue & Gold as well as driving in a run, scoring another and drawing a walk in a 10-7 win.
• Cracked an RBI double and scored a run as a pinch hitter at Bowling Green (5/13) in a 17-10 Kent State win.
• Sparked Kent State's 8-0 victory over Eastern Michigan (5/28) in the MAC Tournament Semifinals when he was called upon to pinch hit with the two squads locked in a scoreless tie in the bottom of the seventh inning and was hit by a pitch. He then scampered around third following a base hit by redshirt junior left fielder Joe Koch and tripped, but maintained his balance enough to recover and race home to give Kent State the lead.
• Entered the game in the 11th inning as a pinch runner for sophomore pinch hitter Jason Bagoly and scored on a passed ball for the final insurance run in Kent State's 4-2 extra-innings triumph over Texas State (6/3) in the opening game of the NCAA Championship Austin Regional.
• Played summer ball for the Brainerd Lakes Area Lunkers of the Northwoods League, batting .299 to rank second on the squad and posting 46 hits, 27 runs, 10 doubles, one triple and 15 RBIs over 41 games.
•Competed for the Lorain County Ironmen of the Prospect Summer League, collecting 21 hits -- including two doubles.
Prior to Kent State
• Played one season at Xavier before transferring to Kent State.
• Played third base at Avon Lake, earning First Team All-Ohio, Southwestern Conference Most Valuable Player and Lorain County Co-Player of the Year recognition and setting school records with a .481 batting average and a .625 on-base percentage during his senior season.
• Also won the Archie Griffin Sportsmanship Award.
• Lettered in basketball.
• Born Nov. 19, 1989.
• Son of Tom and Wendy Hamilton. Siblings are Kelsey, Brad and Katie.
• Father is the play-by-play announcer for the Cleveland Indians.
• Graduated from Avon Lake with honors.
• High school extracurricular activities included being Spanish Club president and a member of National Honor Society as well as volunteering with Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
• Majoring in business management.