Kent State Awards & Honors
• 2012 Team Co-Captain
• Letterwinner: 2010, '11
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 6 (twice, last time: at Western Michigan - DH Game 1, 4/2/11)
Runs: 2 (five times, last time: Miami, 5/7/11)
Hits: 3 (three times, last time: vs. Eastern Michigan, 5/27/11)
RBIs: 3 (vs. Wagner, 2/25/11)
Doubles: 1 (five times, last time: 5/6/11)
Home Runs: --
Walks: 2 (four times, last time: at Bowling Green, 5/14/11)
Stolen Bases: 2 (at Youngstown State, 4/13/11)
2011 Junior Season Highlights
• Started 56 of the 60 games he played in, primarily serving as the team's left fielder.
• Enjoyed a breakout season while stepping into a starting role, posting a .295 batting average (fifth on the team), .378 on base percentage and .319 slugging percentage with 62 hits, 37 runs, five doubles, 22 RBIs, 25 walks (fourth on the team), 11 steals (second on the team) and .917 stolen base percentage (second on the team) for the season -- all career highs.
• Batted .322 during conference play to rank fourth on the team.
• Posted 16 multi-hit games to rank sixth on the team, including three with three hits and 13 with two hits.
• Smacked a bases-clearing three-RBI double in the fourth inning to help Kent State roll to a 12-2 win over Wagner (2/25) at the Johnny Gill Memorial Tournament in Winthrop, S.C.
• Doubled to left and scored in the seventh inning as Kent State blanked Winthrop (2/26), 13-0, in the Johnny Gill Memorial Tournament.
• Smacked a leadoff double to right and scored in the second inning to help Kent State earn an 8-6 win over Winthrop (2/27) in the Johnny Gill Memorial Tournament.
• Added two singles as Kent State downed UAB (3/12), 7-1, in the Caravelle Resort Classic in Conway, S.C.
• Posted two base hits -- including an RBI single in the seventh inning -- as Kent State won at Pittsburgh (3/16), 10-7.
• Led Kent State with two singles -- including an RBI base knock in the fourth inning -- at Houson (3/19).
• Enjoyed his fourth multi-hit outing in six games, totaling a career-high three hits -- including a double – with two RBIs and two runs scored as Kent State picked up a win at Houston (3/20), 8-5.
• Swiped a career-high two bases at Youngstown State (4/13) in a 5-2 win for Kent State.
• Tallied three base hits to match his career high -- including an RBI single in the seventh -- and scored two runs as Kent State dominated Ohio (4/29), 11-3.
• Collected three hits vs. Eastern Michigan (5/27) in the MAC Tournament.
• Helped kick down the door in the seventh inning vs. Eastern Michigan (5/28) in the MAC Tournament semifinals, driving an RBI single through the left side to allow redshirt sophomore pinch hitter Nick Hamilton to score for the first run of what turned into an 8-0 victory for Kent State to send the Golden Flashes to the conference title game.
• Tallied two singles vs. Texas State (6/3) in Kent State's 4-2 extra-innings triumph over Texas State (6/3) in the opening game of the NCAA Championship Austin Regional.
• Spent his summer competing for the West Virginia Miners of the Prospect Summer League for a second straight year, ranking third on the team with a .302 batting average with 52 hits, 28 runs, six doubles, two triples, 19 RBIs, 29 walks (second on the team) and a team-high 17 stolen bases.
2010 Redshirt Sophomore Season Highlights
• Played in 20 games with two starts.
• Had three hits and a .188 batting average for the season.
• Scored his first run in the bottom of the 10th inning against Eastern Michigan (5/29) to send the Flashes to their fifth-straight Mid-American Conference Tournament Championship Game with a 9-8 win.
• Competed for the West Virginia Miners of the Prospect Summer League, earning Second Team All-Prospect League selection while compiling a .305 batting average with 57 hits, two doubles, one triple, 17 RBIs and a team-high 42 runs scored.
2009 Redshirt Freshman Season Highlights
• Appeared in 11 games.
• Recorded an RBI single.
• Was redshirted.
Prior to Kent State
• Earned three letters at Austintown-Fitch High School under head coach Wally Ford.
• Named First Team All-Federal League and Northeast Ohio as a senior.
• Named the MVP and co-captain of the Falcons as a senior, helping the squad win the district title.
• Won the Connie Mack State Batting Title with a .750 clip.
• Played in the 2004 Babe Ruth World Series in Wash. and 2006 NABF World Series in Jackson, Miss.
• Born March 10, 1989.
• Son of Joseph and Patricia Koch. Siblings are Tony, Tori and Amanda.
• Last name is pronounced "Coke."
• Majoring in technology.