Kent State Awards & Honors
• Letterwinner: 2011
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 4 (five times, last time: at Western Michigan, 4/1/11)
Runs: 2 (twice, last time: Toledo, 3/27/11)
Hits: 1 (eight times, last time: Akron, 5/21/11)
RBIs: 1 (twice, last time: Buffalo, 4/23/11)
Doubles: 1 (vs. Notre Dame, 3/13/11)
Home Runs: --
Walks: 3 (at Xavier, 3/23/11)
Stolen Bases: --
2011 Freshman Season Highlights
• Started 16 of the 35 games he played in, seeing time at first base.
• Posted a .143 batting average, .347 on base percentage and .161 slugging percentage with eight hits, nine runs, a double and two RBIs for the season. Was a defensive standout, posting a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage and ranking third on the squad with 188 putouts.
• Wore jersey No. 16.
• Made his collegiate debut as a pinch hitter at Georgia Tech (2/19).
• Tallied his first collegiate hit and scored a run at Winthrop (2/26) in a 13-0 win for Kent State at the Johnny Gill Memorial Tournament.
• Smacked a double vs. Notre Dame (3/13) at the Caravelle Resort Classic in Conway, S.C.
• Drew three walks and scored two runs to help power Kent State to a 22-2 win at Xavier (3/23).
• Cracked an RBI single against Buffalo (4/23) in a 13-3 Kent State victory.
• Played summer ball for the Lorain County Ironmen of the Prospect League, batting .288 with 15 hits, eight runs, two doubles, a triple and five RBIs over 16 games. Competed alongside Kent State freshman right-handed pitcher Spencer Bryant.
Prior to Kent State
• Transferred to Kent State from Cincinnati but did not play baseball there.
• Garnered First Team All-Distirct, First Team All-Sandusky Bay Conference and SBC Player of the Year honors while competing under coach Ray Neill at Perkins High School.
• Also helped guide Sandusy Legion Post 83 to back-to-back Ohio state championships in 2008 and '09.
• Played alongside Kent State right-handed pitcher Spencer Bryant at Perkins and for Post 83.
• Born Jan. 17, 1991.
• Son of David and Christine Koch. Siblings are Kyle, Kelsey and Chrislyn.
• Last name is pronounced "Cook."
• Majoring in zoology/pre-vet.