Kent State Awards & Honors
• Letterwinner: 2011
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 6 (vs. Wagner, 2/27/11)
Runs: 1 (13 times, last time: vs. Texas State, 6/3/11)
Hits: 3 (three times, last time: vs. Eastern Michigan, 5/27/11)
RBIs: 1 (10 times, last time: vs. Eastern Michigan, 5/28/11)
Doubles: 2 (at Western Michigan, 4/1/11)
Home Runs: --
Walks: 2 (at Central Michigan, 4/16/11)
Stolen Bases: 1 (twice, last time: Eastern Michigan, 4/10/11)
2011 Freshman Season Highlights
• Started 42 of the 55 games he played in, seeing time as the designated hitter as well as at first base and in the outfield.
• Posted a .247 batting average, .302 on base percentage and .296 slugging percentage with 40 hits, 13 runs, eight doubles and 10 RBIs for the season.
• Wore jersey No. 12.
• Made his collegiate debut and first start as the designated hitter in Kent State's 6-1 win at then-No. 19 Georgia Tech (2/20), smacking a single and scoring a run.
• Posted his first multi-hit game with two singles and an RBI in Kent State's 7-1 victory over UAB (3/12) at the Caravelle Resort Classic in Conway, S.C.
• Tallied three singles at Houston (3/20).
• Went 3-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI to help push Kent State past Western Michigan (4/1), 3-2.
• Collected three base hits vs. Eastern Michigan (5/27) in the MAC Tournament.
• Played summer ball for the Stark County Terriers of the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League, batting .301 with 37 hits, 15 runs, four doubles, a team-high two triples, a home run and 14 RBIs over 39 games to earn a spot in the GLSCL All-Star Game at Cincinnati's Great American Ballpark, the home of the Reds. Competed for the Terriers alongside Kent State junior right-handed starting pitcher Ryan Mace, junior left-handed starting pitcher David Starn and sophomore right-handed reliever Casey Wilson.
Prior to Kent State
• Four-time First Team All-Federal League and three-time all-district selection at Canton GlenOak High School under head coach Greg McClellan, earning Federal League Player of the Year recognition as a senior. Played alongside Kent State freshman right-handed pitcher John Birkbeck.
• Also a four-year starter for the Golden Eagles in basketball.
• Competed for the Stark County Terriers baseball team, earning Team Ohio Sun Belt Classic All-Tournament Team selection and Hank Miller All-Star Game MVP honors in 2010.
• Born Aug. 13, 1991.
• Son of Todd and Mari Sutton. Siblings are Brooke, Tylar and Kiaya.
• Majoring in advertising with a minor in marketing.
• Nickname is "Sut."