Kent State Awards & Honors
• 2011 All-NCAA Championship Austin Regional Team
• Letterwinner: 2011
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 6 (at Bowling Green, 5/13/11)
Runs: 3 (three times, last time: Cleveland State, 5/16/11)
Hits: 4 (at Ohio, 4/29/11)
RBIs: 5 (Miami, 5/6/11)
Doubles: 1 (six times, last time: at Central Michigan, 4/16/11)
Triples: 1 (twice, last time: Buffalo - DH Game 2, 4/23/11)
Home Runs: 1 (Miami, 5/6/11)
Walks: 2 (three times, last time: vs. Eastern Michigan, 5/27/11)
Stolen Bases: 2 (twice, last time: Buffalo - DH Game 2, 4/23/11)
2011 Freshman Season Highlights
• Won the team's starting job at second base and started 61 of the 62 games he played in.
• Posted a .280 batting average, .338 on base percentage and .339 slugging percentage with 61 hits, 44 runs (tied for fourth on the team), six doubles, two triples, a home run, 25 RBIs, a team-high 16 stolen bases, a team-best .941 stolen base percentage and 117 putouts (fifth on the team).
• Posted 14 multi-hit games to rank seventh on the team, including one with four hits, six with three hits and seven with two hits.
• Made his collegiate debut and first start at second base in the season opener at Georgia Tech (2/18), tallying a single and scoring a run.
• Cracked a clutch two-RBI double down the left field line to score two runs in the sixth inning and give Kent State a lead it did not relinquish in a 6-1 win at then-No. 19 Georgia Tech (2/19).
• Batted .500 with eight hits, six runs, a double, three RBIs and a team-high three stolen bases over four games in the Johnny Gill Memorial Tournament in Winthrop, S.C. Posted the first multi-hit game of his career, tallying three singles while driving in one run and scoring another as Kent State beat Wagner (2/25), 12-2. Tallied three singles and scored two runs at Winthrop (2/27) as Kent State earned an 8-6 victory.
• Went 3-for-4 with a triple, three RBIs and a career-high two stolen bases as Kent State won at Pittsburgh (3/16), 10-7.
• Totaled five hits as Kent State swept a Saturday (4/23) doubleheader against Buffalo to sweep the season series, totaling three hits and matching his career high of three runs in a 13-3 romp in game one and adding two more base knocks -- including an RBI triple in the fourth inning -- in a 7-0 shutout in game two.
• Totaled a career-high four singles and scored two runs as Kent State rolled to an 11-3 win at Ohio (4/29).
• Had a big day in the series opener against Miami (5/6), blasting a three-run home run over the left-field wall in the sixth inning for the first round tripper of his collegiate career and finishing with a career-high five RBIs as Kent State won, 8-6.
• Earned All-NCAA Championship Austin Regional honors, tallying four hits and scoring three runs over games -- including three hits and two runs at Texas (6/5).
• Played summer ball for the Keene Swamp Bats of the New England Collegiate Baseball League, battling .221 with 27 hits, 17 runs, two doubles, five RBIs and a team-high 11 stolen bases over 34 games to help Keene capture its third NECBL championship in franchise history alongside Kent State junior catcher David Lyon and redshirt freshman right-handed pitcher Tyler Skulina. Had the opportunity to compete for the All-NECBL Team against Lyon, who was playing for the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team at the time, at Fenway Park (6/27), collecting a double in a 3-2 win.
Prior to Kent State
• Three-year letterwinner at Kenton Ridge High School under head coach Aaaron Shaffer.
• Three-time first team all-conference pick and two-time First Team Miami Valley selection.
• Named First Team All-Ohio as a senior in addition to garnering county, conference and Miami Valley Player of the Year honors after setting single-season school records in stolen bases (36), runs scored (51) and batting average (.529).
• Helped lead the Cougars to the state playoffs as a freshman and sophomore.
• Also competed for the Ohio Warhawks under coach Ron Slusher, helping the squad capture the 2010 Pastime 18U National Championship.
• Born March 20, 1992.
• Son of Heather Toadvine.
• Nickname is "Dtoad."
• Is the first person in his family to go to college.
• Majoring in business management.