Kent State Awards & Honors
• Letterwinner: 2010, 2011
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 2 (twice, last time: Niagara, 5/4/10)
Runs: 3 (Niagara, 5/4/10)
Hits: 1 (twice, last time: at Pittsburgh, 4/20/10)
RBIs: 1 (Niagara, 5/4/10)
Home Runs: --
Walks: 3 (Niagara, 5/4/10)
Stolen Bases: --
Innings Pitched: 4.1 (at Winthrop, 3/20/10)
Strikeouts: 4 (at Penn State, 3/31/10)
2011 Sophomore Season Highlights
• Made 19 appearances.
• Member of pitching staff that ranked sixth in the nation in team ERA with a 2.66 mark.
• Recorded a 1-0 pitching record and a career-high three saves with a 4.66 ERA and a career-high 21 strikeouts in a career-high 36.2 innings.
• Fanned three and threw a zero up on the scoreboard in 2.2 innings out of the bullpen against Toledo (3/26).
• Earned his first career save in the second game of a doubleheader at Western Michigan (4/2), tossing scoreless eighth and ninth frames to help Kent State earn a 2-1 win.
• Tallied two strikeouts and was perfect over the eighth and ninth innings out of the bullpen in a 9-3 Kent State victory at Central Michigan (4/16).
• Recorded a pefect 1.2 innings of work in relief, totaling two strikeouts to help Kent State beat Cleveland State (4/27), 6-4.
• Posted his second save at Bowling Green (5/13), throwing 2.2 relief frames and fanning two to preserve a 17-10 triumph for Kent State.
• Put together the finest outing out of the bullpen of his career vs. Eastern Michigan (5/26) in the second game of the MAC Tournament, tossing four scoreless frames of no-hit ball and allowing only a walk while recording two strikeouts in earning his third save of the season in a 5-4 victory for Kent State.
• Played summer ball for the Stark County Terriers of the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League, recording a win and 16 strikeouts in five starts -- including a complete game. Competed for the Terriers alongside Kent State junior right-handed starting pitcher Ryan Mace, junior left-handed starting pitcher David Starn and freshman outfielder T.J. Sutton.
2010 Freshman Season Highlights
• Appeared in 14 games on the mound in addition to seven apperances and two starts in the field.
• Recorded a 2-1 pitching record with a 5.81 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 26.1 innings.
• Posted two singles, six runs and one RBI.
• Earned the first mound triumph of his career in relief duty at Winthrop (3/20) in the Coca-Cola Classic, fanning one batter in 4.1 scoreless innings of work as KSU won, 16-10.
• Tossed one scoreless inning and struck out one to be credited with the pitching win in a 6-5 Kent State victory over Youngstown State (3/24).
• Tallied his first career hit and scored his first career run in his first appearance in the field against Western Michigan (3/3) as the Flashes outslugged the Broncos, 16-15.
• Played summer ball for the Stark County Terriers of the Great Lakes Collegiate League, recording one victory and 18 strikeouts in 11 appearances and 20 innings.
Prior to Kent State
• Three-year varsity letterwinner at Akron Archbishop Hoban High School.
• Earned First Team All-North Coast League and all-district in addition to being named an Akron Beacon Journal All-Star as a senior.
• Aided the Knights in winning a conference championship as a sophomore.
• Also played for the Diamond Boys, winning Black Swamp and NABF championships.
• Born Aug. 10, 1991.
• Son of Ken and Pam Wilson.
• Majoring in sports administration.