Kent State Awards & Honors
• Letterwinner: 2011
Career Game Highs
Innings Pitched: 4.0 (Youngstown State, 4/12/11)
Strikeouts: 2 (twice, last time: Cleveland State, 5/16/11)
2013 Sophomore Season
2011 Freshman Season Highlights
• Made nine appearances with one start.
• Member of pitching staff that ranked sixth in the nation in team ERA with a 2.66 mark.
• Recorded a 1-0 pitching record with a 4.30 ERA and eight strikeouts in 14.2 innings.
• Made first collegiate appearance of his career at Georgia Tech (2/19), twirling a scoreless eighth inning of relief work.
• Tossed scoreless fifth and sixth innings in relief and fanned one in a 10-7 victory at Pittsburgh (3/16) in his second career appearance.
• Earned a midweek start against Youngstown State (4/12), blanking the Penguins over four innings and striking out two to earn the mound triumph in a 7-0 win.
• Posted a scoreless ninth frame and fanned one in relief duty at Ohio (4/29) as Kent State rolled to an 11-3 win.
• Blanked Cleveland State (5/16) and tallied two strikeouts in seventh-inning relief work in a 6-2 victory.
• Thew a zero on the scoreboard to go along with one strikeout in the ninth inning against Akron (5/21).
• Played summer ball for the Lorain County Ironmen of the Prospect League, recording two victories, two saves and 23 strikeouts in 19 relief appearances. Competed alongside Kent State freshman first baseman Cody Koch.
Prior to Kent State
• Four-year varsity letterwinner at Perkins High School under head coach Ray Neil.
• Earned First Team Sandusky Bay Conference honors three straight years (2008-10) while helping the Pirates to an Associated Press Poll Ohio state title in 2009.
• Earned First Team All-District 9 honors in 2009 and '10 after garnering Second Team selection in '08 as Perkins made Ohio state regional appearances in '08 and '09 and a Final Four appearance in '07.
• Also a member of Sandusky Legion Post 83's back-to-back state championship squads in 2008 and '09.
• Played alongside Kent State sophomore first baseman Cody Koch at Perkins and for Post 83.
• Earned three varsity letters in football at Perkins, starting at quarterback for the Pirates for three years and helping team reach the state playoffs twice. Holds all career passing records at Perkins.
• Earned Scholar Athlete honors for his work both on the field and in the classroom.
• Born Aug. 25, 1991.
• Son of Russ and Patti Bryant.
• Majoring in exercise physiology.