Kent State Awards & Honors
•Letterwinner: 2010, 2011, 2012
• 2013 Louisville Slugger Pre-Season First Team All-American
• 2013 College Sports Madness Pre-Season All-Conference Field Player of the Year
• 2013 College Sports Madness Pre-Season Second Team All-American
• 2012 MAC Player of the Year
• 2012 Louisville Slugger Second Team All-American
• 2012 American Baseball Coaches Association/Rawlings All-Mideast Region Second Team
Career Game Highs
At-bats: 10 (vs. Kentucky, 6/1/12)
Runs: 4 (at Bowling Green, 4/15/12)
Hits: 5 (vs. Kentucky, 6/1/12)
RBIs: 4 (twice, last time: vs. Western Michigan, 5/24/12)
Doubles: 3 (vs. Penn State, 4/3/12)
Triples: 1 (twice, last time: vs. Northern Illinois, 3/22/13)
Home Runs: 2 (at Bowling Green, 4/13/12)
Walks: 3 (vs. Ball State, 3/29/13)
Stolen Bases: 1 (three times, last time: vs. Ball State, 3/29/13)
Innings Pitched: 2 (at Wake Forest, 2/28/10)
Strikeouts: 2 (twice, last time: at Fresno State, 3/20/12)
2013 Senior Season
2012 Junior Season
• Started 64 games. Had the highest batting average on the team at .364. Finished the season with 96 hits (second on team), 45 runs (fourth on team), 23 doubles (second on team), eight homeruns (second on team), 66 RBI (most on team), .549 slugging percentage (most on team) and a .392 on-base percentage.
• Led the MAC with 31 RBI in conference play while batting .393.
• Had a team-high 542 putouts and a .988 fielding percentage.
• Started the season batting .600 with a three-hit output with a double and two RBI on February 17 at Georgia Tech.
• Hit a career-high three doubles in four at-bats on April 3 against Penn State.
• Had a game-winning three-run homerun on April 7 versus Buffalo in the eighth inning to overcome a 3-0 deficit.
• Smashed two homeruns at Bowling Green on April 13.
• Finished a perfect 4-for-4 on April 15 at Bowling Green with a walk and four runs scored.
• In ten at-bats in the 21-inning NCAA Regional game against Kentucky, had five hits, including two doubles, as well as two RBI and 23 putouts.
• Helped take down No. 1 Florida in the College World Series on June 18 by batting .500 with two RBI.
• Also pitched 2.1 innings, all in the month of March.
2011 Sophomore Season Highlights
• Posted a .268 batting average, .336 on base percentage and .323 slugging percentage with 34 hits, 11 runs, four doubles, two triples, one home run, 19 RBIs and 41 total bases (fifth on the team).
• Batted a .339 with 19 hits -- including three doubles -- and 12 RBIs during conference play.
• Posted 11 multi-hit games, including three with three hits and eight with two hits.
• Recorded four multi-RBI games, including one with three RBIs and three with two RBIs.
2010 Freshman Season Highlights
•Appeared in 28 games, making 11 starts.
•Had 12 hits and a .235 batting average for the season.
•Tallied three multi-hit games, highlighted by a 2-for-4 outing with a double and a pair of RBIs in game two of a doubleheader at Buffalo (4/24).
Prior to Kent State
•Was a shortstop at Forest Hills, lettering four times.
•Helped guide his team to a 12-5 record during his senior year with five home runs and a .487 batting average.
•Completed his high school career with eight home runs and a .444 average.
•Also was a four-time letterwinner in wrestling.
•Played for Delweld in the Johnstown AAABA. Team went 41-10 to win the league championship in his final season.
•Born April 17, 1990.
•Son of Charley and Deanna Roberts. Siblings are Rick and Bugsy.
•Brother Rick was drafted in the 10th round by the Detroit Tigers in 1999.
•Was a member of the Yearbook Club and Future Business Leaders of America in high school.
•Majoring in human movement studies.