Kent State Awards & Honors
• 2013 College Baseball Daily Pre-Season No. 78 Player in Top 100
• 2013 College Sports Madness Pre-Season Third Team All-American
• 2013 College Sports Madness Pre-Season All-Conference Pitcher of the Year
• 2013 Louisville Slugger Pre-Season Second Team All-American
• 2013 National Collegiate Baseball Writer's Association Pre-Season Second Team All-American
• 2012 Second Team All-MAC
Career Game Highs
Innings Pitched: 8.1 (vs. Western Michigan, 4/29/12)
Strikeouts: 10 (twice, last time: vs. Ball State - Game 1, 3/30/13)
2013 Junior Season
2012 Sophomore Season
• Went 11-3 (tied for most wins on team) with a 3.77 ERA in 18 starts. Struck out 107 batters (second on team) in 107.1 innings (third on team).
• Threw six innings in his first Kent State start on Fabruary 18 versus Winthrop. Allowed one earned run while striking out five.
• Earned first MAC East Pitcher of the Week honors on March 12 after throwing a two-hit shutout over six innings with nine strikeouts at Western Kentucky on March 4.
• Tallied a career-high ten strikeouts in a six inning start at Central Michigan on April 22.
• Lasted a career-high 8.1 innings allowing just one earned run while striking out six on April 29 against Western Michigan to earn MAC East Pitcher of the Week honors for the second time.
• Propelled the team to the program's first-ever NCAA Super Regional after a seven inning, two run, five strikeout start to take down Kentucky on June 3.
• Was put in the spotlight again to start the elimination game of NCAA Super Regionals at Oregon on June 11. Threw 5.2 shutout innings with four strikeouts while allowing just two hits to set up the win that would take the team to their first even College World Series.
• Was on the losing end of a pitcher's duel in the final game of the season, a loss to South Carolina in the College World Series. Pitched 5.2 innings with nine strikeouts in the effort.
• Sat out season due to NCAA transfer rules.
• Played summer ball for the Keene Swamp Bats of the New England Collegiate Baseball League, recording two victories and 19 strikeouts in 10 appearances -- including six starts -- and 34.2 innings to help Keene capture its third NECBL championship in franchise history alongside Kent State junior catcher David Lyon and freshman second baseman Derek Toadvine.
Prior to Kent State
• Transferred to Kent State from Virginia.
• Selected by the Oakland Athletics in the 46th round of the 2010 MLB Draft.
• Posted an undefeated 26-0 record as a starting pitcher at Walsh Jesuit High School under head coach Chris Kaczmar.
• Earned Louisville Slugger/Collegiate Baseball First Team High School All-American honors in 2009 and honorable mention accolades in 2010.
• Named Division II First Team All-Ohio in 2009 and 2010.
• Garnered Cuyahoga River Baseball Conference Pitcher of the Year honors in 2009 and 2010.
• Named 2009 Ohio High School Baseball Gatorade Player of the Year, Max Preps Baseball Underclassman All-American, Ohio High School Magazine Baseball Player of the Year and Akron Beacon Journal Player of the Year.
• Born Sept. 18, 1991.
• Son of Russ and Lisa Skulina. Sibling is Amanda.
• Majoring in communications studies.