Kent State Battles Central Michigan On SportsTime Ohio Tuesday Night
Complete Notes (.PDF)
Kent State (14-6; 4-3) looks to make it two in a row on road as the team travels to Central Michigan (7-13; 2-5) Tuesday night to wrap up the first half of Mid-American Conference play. The 7:00 pm contest can been seen live on SportsTime Ohio. The Golden Flashes are coming off their third straight game scoring 75+ points which resulted in a 77-61 win at Toledo on Saturday.
Named the MAC East Player of the Week on Monday, junior forward Chris Evans averaged 18.5 points per game while shooting 83 percent from the field connecting on 15-18 shots in the two wins last week. The 6'7" high flying forward also added 5.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 2.0 blocks, and 2.5 steals per game all the while giving the Golden Flashes a +45 advantage in points scored when he was on the court. Evans, who has been on a tear the last five games averaging a team best 15.6 points and shooting 73 percent, is coming off a 23 point (9-10 FGs), six rebound, four steal and three assist performance vs Toledo.
Senior forward Justin Greene (15.9 ppg) and junior guard Randal Holt (13.7 ppg) meanwhile are the highest scoring duo in the MAC during league play this season.
Central Michigan has lost five straight following a 74-64 loss at home to Akron on Saturday. The Chippewas are led by Trey Zeigler who is averaging 16.1 points and 7.0 rebounds a contest.
TV / Radio
SportsTime Ohio/ESPN3 (Michael Reghi & Steve Mix)
Central Michigan Free Video
WNIR 100.1 FM (Ty Linder)
Next Up For Kent State
Kent State returns home on Saturday to host Western Michigan. Game time 7:00 pm.
• Including the MAC Tournament, Kent State has won 26 straight games against MAC West opponents. The last loss was a 56-51 defeat at Toledo on Feb. 2, 2008.
• Kent State leads the league averaging 76.4 points per game during MAC play
• The Golden Flashes are also tops in the league during conference play shooting 49.0 percent and handing out 16.7 assists
• Kent State is averaging 12 steals and 26.7 points off turnovers in the last three games
• During MAC play Michael Porrini is the only player in the league averaging more than 10 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game
• Kent State is 11-2 this season when Randal Holt hits more than one three-pointer in a game
• The Golden Flashes have shot over 50 percent from the field in four of the last five games shooting 51% during the stretch
• Kent State is 8-0 this season when hitting at least 15 free throws in a game
• The Golden Flashes are playing on the road for the fourth time in five games tonight
• Kent State is one of only two schools (WMU) in the MAC with five players averaging more than 9.5 ppg
Kent State - Central Mich. Series Notes
• Kent State has won 10 straight and 17 of the last 18 meetings
• The only loss for the Golden Flashes during the stretch was the 2003 MAC Championship game
• Kent State is 17-17 all-time in Mt. Pleasant having won 11 straight
Elite 8 Reunion Set For Feb. 18 And Will Include Appearances from Antonio Gates, Trevor Huffman and others
Kent State will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Elite 8 team on Feb. 18 when the Golden Flashes host a SEARS BracketBuster game
Former Kent State standouts Antonio Gates, Trevor Huffman and others from the team that produced the best record in Mid-American Conference history will be in attendance and honored at halftime
Matchups for the BracketBuster game will be announced on the evening of Jan. 30
Kent State vs Ball State Picked For 11AM ESPNU Broadcast On Feb. 11
Kent State's Feb. 11 men's basketball game against Ball State has been selected for an 11:00 am broadcast on ESPNU. Fans are encouraged to wear gold to the game as the Golden Flashes host a 'GOLDOUT' for the nationally televised contest.
In addition to the 'GOLDOUT' Kent State will be giving away a Crazy Hair wig to the first 1000 fans through the door.
Halftime entertainment includes a performance by the Marquette School of Dance and a Series Shootout for a chance to win $10,000.