Kent State Looks to Bounce Back On the Road Tuesday at Bucknell
Kent State (5-3) is back on the road Tuesday night as the team travels to Bucknell (7-1) for a 7:00 pm game. The Golden Flashes are looking to stay undefeated on the road this season and bounce back from a 62-50 loss to Princeton last Saturday that snapped a three game winning streak.
Senior forward Chris Evans led the way for Kent State with 18 points, eight rebounds and three steals on Saturday. He has led the team in scoring and rebounding each of the last four games. On the year Evans leads Kent State in points (18.1 ppg), rebounds (7.6 rpg), assists (2.0 apg), steals (2.5 spg) blocked shots (0.8 bpg) and field goal percentage (54.9%).
Senior Randal Holt just missed his eighth straight double figure game on Saturday scoring nine points on 3-6 from three. The senior guard has knocked in a team high 22 threes on the year shooting better than 42 percent from beyond the arc.
Bucknell has gotten off to a 7-1 start that includes a season opening win at Purdue. Mike Muscala is leading the way with 17.8 points and 12.1 rebounds per game
640 AM / Golden Flashes iHeartRadio (Ty Linder)
Next Up For Kent State
The Golden Flashes cap off a two game road swing at Xavier on Sunday. Game time is 4:00 pm and can bee seen on Fox Sports Ohio
• Kent State's two seniors Chris Evans (18.1 ppg) & Randal Holt (15.1 ppg) combine to average 33.2 points per game which accounts for 45 percent of the Golden Flashes' scoring
• Holt needs four three pointers to move into a tie for 4th all-time at Kent State with 2012 Olympian Nate Reinking
• Kent State is looking to start the year out 3-0 on the road for the second consecutive season
• Kent State holds a +7.0 advantage in second chance points per game despite scoring a season low three second chance points vs Princeton.
• On the year Kent State is averaging 16.1 second chance points while allowing 9.1 points per game
• The Golden Flashes are averaging 38.4 points and shooting 45 percent in the second half this season. In the first half Kent State is averaging just 30.3 points
• In his four starts freshman Kellon Thomas has nine assists and one turnover while averaging 28 minutes a game