• Co-champion at Mat Town Invitational, wrestling up a weight at 184
• Placed second at Body Bar, going 3-1 with a pin and technical fall
• Placed sixth in Eastern Michigan Open with a 3-3 record
• Placed third at MAC Championships with three wins and a pin
• Finished 22-19 overall with four pins, four major decisions and two tech falls
• Went 4-1 in fifth place finish at Body Bar
• Ranked No. 27 by WrestlignReport.com heading into MAC Championships
• Went 2-2 in MAC duals
• Placed sixth at Hokie Open, going 4-2 with two pins
• Ranked No. 26 in final NCAA Coaches Panel
• Went 21-6 at open tournaments, carrying the fourth highest winning percentage (.778) on the team
• His 11 pins were second most on the team
• Tallied three major decisions and two tech falls
• Captured an individual title at Cleveland State Open, going 4-0 with two pins and a technical fall
• Went 6-1 with four pins in third place finish at Purple Raider Open
• Also placed third at Michigan State Open
• Won three matches in college debut at Hokie Open
• Tallied a pair of first period pins in fifth place finish at National Collegiate Open
• Placed fourth at U.S. Junior Open, competing in freestyle.
Prior to Kent State
• Was a Maryland state champion at 171 pounds as a senior
• Finished second at state tournament in junior and sophomore seasons
• Placed sixth as a freshman at state tournament
• Was a member of Middletown's Piedmont Conference championship team
• Also played varsity football at Middletown.
• Born March 8, 1991 in Aurora, Ill.
• Is the son of Donn and Sandy Johnson
• Has two older brothers, Matt and Andy
• Majoring in exploratory studies.