Women's Soccer Preview - Kent State hosts Western Michigan, Northern Illinois this Week
|Northern Illinois (2-10-2, 1-5-0 MAC)||0||2||2|
|Kent State (9-5-0, 3-3-0 MAC)||1||2||3|
|1st - 29:51||REPAS, Megan (Kent State)|
|2nd - 45:40||THOMPSON, Kayra (Northern Illinois)|
|2nd - 48:57||HILL, Samantha (Northern Illinois)|
|2nd - 86:55||HAUGH, Stephanie (Kent State)|
|2nd - 87:37||SALERNO, Vanessa (Kent State)|
|Northern Illinois||Kent State|
2 Players (#6, #21 - 1)
A: BOUKIDIS, Frances - 2
Sh: 7 Players (#6, #7, #11, #12, #14, #17, #21 - 1)
Sv: CARR, Amy - 9
3 Players (#3, #9, #23 - 1)
A: SALERNO, Vanessa - 2
Sh: SALERNO, Vanessa - 7
Sv: SHERWOOD, Kelly - 2
|TEAM STATISTICS||Northern Illinois||Kent State|
|Shots (on goal)||7 (4)||27 (13)|
|Western Michigan (7-6-0, 3-2-0 MAC)||1||1||2|
|Kent State (8-5-0, 2-3-0 MAC)||0||0||0|
|1st - 37:47||Stephanie Skowneski (Western Michigan)|
|2nd - 59:46||Diana Dedvukaj (Western Michigan)|
|Western Michigan||Kent State|
2 Players (#8, #11 - 1)
A: 3 Players (#11, #14, #25 - 1)
Sh: Stephanie Skowneski - 4
Sv: Michelle Watson - 7
Sh: HAUGH, Stephanie - 6
Sv: SHERWOOD, Kelly - 2
|TEAM STATISTICS||Western Michigan||Kent State|
|Shots (on goal)||10 (4)||22 (7)|
The Kent State women’s soccer team (8-4-0, 2-2-0 MAC) is home this weekend for a pair of Mid-American Conference contests, starting Friday, Oct. 7 when the Golden Flashes host Western Michigan for a 4 p.m. first touch at Zoeller Field. Kent State will then take on Northern Illinois Sunday, Oct. 9 at 1 p.m.
Both contests will feature live stats through kentstatesports.com.
Scouting the Flashes
• The Golden Flashes have won five of their last seven contests, but Kent State is coming off a 3-0 setback at Central Michigan Oct. 2. It was the first time this season the Flashes have been shutout.
• Sophomore Jaclyn Dutton scored her second game-winning goal of conference play with her late score against Eastern Michigan Sept. 30. Dutton is first in the MAC in shots per game and is fourth in total points.
• Kent State’s victory at Eastern Michigan Sept. 30 marked the first time in the history of the program – a total of 10 trips – that the Golden Flashes posted a victory at Ypsilanti, Mich.
• This season, the Golden Flashes are 6-1-0 in games decided by one goal.
Scouting the Opponents
• Western Michigan (6-6-0, 2-2-0 MAC) halted a two-game slide with a 1-0 home victory over Akron Oct. 2. It was their fourth shutout of the season and their third one-goal victory of the year. The one-two punch of Stephanie Skowneski and Anina Cicerone pace Western Michigan offensively. The duo has 11 of the team’s 18 goals this year.
All-Time Series: Kent State owns a 6-5-2 record all-time against Western Michigan, but the Golden Flashes are looking for their first victory since the 2007 campaign.
• Northern Illinois (1-9-2, 0-4-0 MAC) will face Buffalo Friday prior to Sunday’s contest at Kent State. The Huskies have dropped four straight contests after a 1-1-2 streak earlier in the season. Since Sept. 4, five of Northern Illinois’ eight games have been decided by one goal or less.
All-Time Series: Kent State trails in the all-time series with Northern Illinois, 5-7-3, but the Golden Flashes are 2-0-2 in the last four meetings with the Huskies, with all four going into double overtime.
The Golden Flashes are back on the road for two games. Kent State will take on Toledo Friday, Oct. 14 and Ball State Sunday, Oct. 16 as the team continues its MAC slate.